What does growth mean to you?
Can one grow wrong?
Where is the ending point of growth?
Tamy Woman Culture Days, Camera Club Vastavalo and Tampereen Teekkarikamerat are organising an open photo contest with the theme GROWTH. Growth may mean growing up a woman, the growth of leaves, economic growth or a growing pile of dirty dishes. So be creative – in addition to photographic expression, special attention is payed on an insightful interpretation of the theme.
The winner is rewarded with a 100 euro gift card for the photography store Kameratori. In addition, following the Woman Culture Days theme Becoming Woman, a photo expressing the theme of gender and growth will be given an honorary award and rewarded with a surprise prize!
The winning photos and other meritorious photos are collected into an exhibition that is held next to Alakuppila during weeks 15 and 16. The best photos are selected by a jury consisting of representatives of Tamy, Vastavalo and TT-kamerat.
The photos shall be sent by email on firstname.lastname@example.org by
April 1st, 2018. The competition time has been extended until Tuesday April 3rd, 2018. Please send your photos in JPEG format with the title ”KASVU”. The long side of the photo must be at least 3600 pixels, preferably 5000 pixels. In the message, tell your name and contact information and include a short text of 1 to 100 words describing your photo and how it relates to the theme. By sending a photo, you agree to follow the following rules of the contest.
1. Anyone may participate – membership of Tamy or the camera clubs is not required.
2. The photo must have been taken by the participant alone and they must own full
rights to the photo.
3. The participant must have permission from persons photographed within the sanctity
of the home or under other judicial protections for the publication of the photos.
4. The participant may edit the photo as wanted.
5. The photo may also have been taken before the time period of the contest.
6. Every participant may only submit one photo.
7. Tamy, Vastavalo and TT-kamerat are allowed to publish the participating photos and
texts in their exhibition as well as on their websites.